Sympathy card number 1

Good evening everyone!  I had to create some more sympathy cards this past weekend... Two actually.  I really hate to make these.  My Father-in-law lost one of his brothers to cancer this weekend.  So this 1st card is for the wife of his brother.

Last time I had made one for my Step mom.  And I had printed a bunch of wonderful digis from Create with TLC that I thought would be perfect for this sad occasion.  I had also printed some extra sentiment just in case in French... didn't think I would run out so fast :(

For this card I used Easter Sunday vintage.  I decided to leave it in black and white.  And did a really CAS look.

I used some paper from my stash.  I embossed the background with a spellbinder embossing folder called Flora.  I added some bling on the corners and that's it.

Here's a closer look at the digi and the sentiment that I had made on word.  I wish now that I had saved the file :(
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Cas-ual fridays - Tic Tac Toe ( did square card, bling, text)
  2. Word art wednesday - anything goes
  3. Catered crop - Make an impression (use embossing)
So that's card number 1... one more to share with you.  Looking forward to seeing what you think of this?!? I think it turned out pretty good when you consider how I hate making those.  Getting to much practice!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Another beautiful card. Just lovely...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white is striking. Sorry you're having to create all these sympathy cards. As you know, I had a run at it recently myself and it is no fun at all. Unfortunately, it is a reminder that I should be making some ahead of time because death around us is the one thing we can't escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image. And I love the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway