Art journal

Goodevening everyone!  It's the last day of my Holiday vacation :'( so sad... don't really want to go back to the routine.  It was nice getting up late and crafting and just chilling as a family.  My soar throat is not getting better... actually it's getting worst... just in time for going back to work...

Anyway, I'm here to share with you a little journal cover that I made today.  I have found through a FB friend a Journal group and this group is called Journal 52 offering free journal workshop every week for the upcoming year.  I've been really interested in doing journaling.  If you follow my blog you have seen my POP posts with my little hand made journal.  But I know there are so many more techniques and things I could try.  Wow this group is totally awesome.  And some have made some brilliant covers for their journal.  So I was really inspired to make mine.

Well this was quite an adventure because the cardboard that I had thought of using was way too small for this project.  So I decided to make do with a white old binder from work.  A binder that was destined for the scrap but that I had kept knowing my kids are always looking for extra binders and those end up being quite expensive.

I ripped the little plastic pouch cover so that I could recover it.  I left just the regular plastic. Looked like this in the beginning.  So it's the top plastic that I removed.
Than I applied modpodge all over it and covered it up with some Tim Holtz idea-ology tissue paper.  I cut it in pieces and covered the top and inside with it.

Press the read more to see the rest of the post!!!
 Then I put some walnut and vintage photo distress ink on top.  I then figured I would do some stamping and emboss it... well that didn't go down too well... the embossing powder was getting stuck on the modpodge and not just on the stamping... so I had to improvise... I had seen a technique before where you stamp on top of many layers of embossing powder... so that's what I ended up doing with some of my Tim Holtz stamps.  But I had to change the stamp that I was going to use to a rubber one that was more deeply ridged... otherwise it didn't make enough of an impression.  The  letters for the wording of "my art journal" are from K& cie chipboard letters and the 2014 is made using my Thickers by American craft.

Here's a closer look at the embossing.  After all this I thought this saying was appropriate... Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans
And : the world of reality has its limits but the world of imagination is boundless.

So this is the start of my craft journal journey!  I hope that I'll get to share with you the rest of the 52 wks... hopefully I'll keep going lol

I'm entering this cover in the following challenges:
  1. 613 Avenue Create - anything goes with a twist of colors sights or sound of winter, I went with the anything goes - So fun to be able to join in as a participant!!!  Told you I would be back guys ;o)
  2. Amusing-challenge - New beginnings - This is a new beginning for me for this journaling!  And yup used stamping!
  3. Fantasy stampers - Favorite stamp- I have to say that I'm in love with the Tim Holtz stamps... I really love those sayings and I was really really excited to get to use 2 on this project!
  4. Simon says stamp blog - Something new - well new technique (the stamping on embossing) and new journalling journey!
  5. Come and get it challenges - Something new - new technique - stamp on embossing
  6. Word art wednesday - Anything goes
  7. Sentimental sundays - Make it new - alter something
That's my beginning to this journey!!!  Hope you have liked my little beginning ;o)  And big hello to my latest followers!  I was hoping to get to 500 before the beginning of 2014... but didn't quite make it lol Looking forward to it and my celebration with you guys!  Got some goodies lined up!!!

Hugs





Comments

  1. Very cool project, Vicky! Your creativity really shows. Thanks for continuing to support us at 613 Avenue Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!! This is a pretty awesome project girl!! I've have been contemplating doing Art Journaling myself and I think I will have to check out this group you mentioned!! Love your album cover and how you pressed your stamps into the embossing areas!! It gives a etched or engraved look!! Super fantastic!! Well thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for our for challenge of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Art journal Vicky. I love the different textures and the arrangements of your elements. Keep up the good work. We at 613 Avenue Create are pleased you chose to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky, I have just come across your lovely blog whilst blog hopping to different challenges... I am wowed by your Art Journal beginning and you have inspired me a lot to take my venture further. Thank you.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Vicky. Great start to a New Year with this project and new technique. Now, if you can just get rid of that sore throat. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It Challenges. I hope you feel better soon. Bunny-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have created such a beautiful binder! I really love the Tim Holtz tissue paper and I really like how you "recovered" your project when it didn't go as planned! I looks great! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays for our Make It new challenge!!!
    Mirella DK
    DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to start the New Year with your journal, Vicky - love the TH stamps into the embossing powder.

    Thanx for joining our first ever challenge at Fantasy Stampers. Good luck and hope to see you again next time with more of your journal.

    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cover. I have joined the group too. I live within 50 km of Joanna although I actually have never met her. I have not started my cover because I also have joined Life Book 2014. Good luck with your journal. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It. Hope to see you back again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great crafting start to the year! looks like you had loads of fun experimenting with this one, and have done a fab job it's gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by at Sentimental Sundays! Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice page..lots of great texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the effect you created by stamping the embossed areas - looks like it has been there for years. Hard to believe this was a plain ol' binder not so long ago!! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge this week, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the effect that you created by stamping on the embossed areas - hard to believe this was a plain ol' binder not so long ago!! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge this week, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lovely cover to start your journal Thanks for joining in at Fantasy stampers Hope to see you again Hugs Sandra DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky your journal is just wonderful. I love the techniques you have used. And what a wonderful way to display your creativity and personality...So nice...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10