The East Wind - Transformation

OMG the time is just flying out of my hands.... I realized that I totally missed the posting of this last Tuesday.  I was sure that the release date for this fab image from The East Wind was this Tuesday.  Imaging my surprise and disappointment with myself when I realized that I missed my posting date... :(

But I had just had to share with you what I did with the fab Transformation image.

This image really called to me!!!  It seemed perfect to illustrate all the transformation that I've been going through!

During the holidays my dad gave me something to hold my dolls head... yeah I know spooky and weird but I still have to figure out what to make out of them.  Anyway in the meantime I have something to hold them.  But that came wrapped up in newspaper!!!!  And the newspaper was from 1985!!!!!  YES that was a great find!!!  I was as happy with that as with the gift lol.  It was all yellowed out!!!  And just YUMMY.

So that's what I'm using for my background here.

I really really love the way it turned out!!!  I wrote a bit of story and did some journaling on top of the right hand page but didn't do much else because I really loved how the digi was taking the show and that paper :)

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.
Isn't it just perfect to illustrate transformation of one self?!?  Who would have guessed back in 1985 how I would be in 2016!!!!  I was in highschool at the time and had so many dreams of futur.... hee hee hee didn't quite turned out as I thought then but love how it did!  Wish I could talk to that teenager that I was and tell her what I know now.... I would have been better in my skin much faster!!!!

I'm entering this journaling spread in the following challenges:

  1. Cards galore challenges- Anything goes
  2. Rhedds creative spirit - Anything goes mixed media
  3. Crafting for all seasons - Monochrome
  4. The sisterhood of crafters - Something old - something new - New release image and old newspaper
  5. Open-minded crafting fun - Something new - new released image
  6. Ikes world challenge blog - new beginning - I think the transformation keeps on going and now the new part is that I accept it!!!  And welcome the changes that are happening!
That's it for me for today.  Hope you like this!!!

Hugs



Comments

  1. WOW! Good for you ... this is unique and perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Something OLD, Something NEW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find for the background this is a fabulous project .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike's World challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal page Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab journalling pages - love the sepia feel!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous project.
    Thank you for entering the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent creation !!! I really LUV that new image and what a super find to get that old newspaper :-) Yes - what we could tell ourselves if we could go back to earlier days !!! :-D
    Thanks for playing at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hate when that happens!! But you know what... we are all human :D And Kira is awesome and understanding anyway!! And your project is amazing!! I LOVE the 1985's paper.. how perfect! LOL at the something to hold your doll heads... yep.. sounded a bit creepy in my head when I read it LOL Love the image too... you are right.. it is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous. And what good luck to be handed that perfect newspaper. We spend ages trying to age things just right, and in this case, you didn't have to. Love it! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Vicky. Thanks for playing along with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun. Hope to see you again next month. Good luck.
    Lynn, Open Minded DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab journaling pages and isn't it great when you get something that you can use creatively instead of throwing out in the rubbish or recycle bin! Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10